Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Making a List...

So, today I'm going to save you the pain of hearing about "my book" again. Plus, I am missing writing regular  weird posts anyways. One thing on my mind is that the holiday season is almost upon us (wha?) again. I hadn't really thought much about it until my dad sent me an email yesterday asking for my Christmas list. Yes, I'm 24 and I still make Christmas lists. And believe in Santa Claus. He's the man. So Interwebbers, here is my list:

1. Canon Rebel XS
2. My 2 front teeth (Tho what? Thutup!)
3. Peace on Earth, and good will towards men (and WOMEN dammit.)
4. A boost pedal for my guitar setup
5. Another bunny (Shhhh, don't tell Chris!)
6. A job
7. An acoustic guitar amp
8. Cookies. Good ones, not ones with fruit or other disgusting crap on them.
9. Booze. Preferably red wine: Pinot Noir, Cab Sav, and Cab Franc are acceptable. NO SHIRAZ (EW) OR MERLOT.
10. Books and CDs pleeeeeeeeeeease. This one, this one, this one, oh, and this one and this one will do nicely.
11. This.
12. Having a relaxing, nice time with my loved ones and... yawn. Oh, excuse me. What was I saying?
13. Photoshop
14. A Web Design course
15. Summer weather and my extra hour of sunlight back
16. Winter clothes (unless #15 occurs): a sweater, some jeans, some courds, some boots, some socks. In other words, outfit me.
17. A workbench for my house (ahem, Chris...)
18. Dollars

Once you have decided what you will be getting me this year, please send an email to RyanwithUterus@gmail.com and I will then email you back the mailing address. Please don't send stupid crap; stick to the list. Also, another few things: 1- I will not be getting you anything in return, as I am soon-to-be-unemployed. 2- Although my birthday is also in December, that is not an excuse to get me one present for both Christmas and my birthday. That makes you lame. Get two presents. Wrap one in Christmas paper and one in birthday paper. Do not recycle your Christmas paper on my birthday present, mmmk? 3- Please communicate with each other; I don't want to get 29 bunnies, 29 jobs, or 29 copies of Ray LaMontagne's album Trouble. I'll leave that up to you. Also, it doesn't matter to me if you're not someone who celebrates Christmas. I don't discriminate; I'll take your gift anyways.

Another thing: Walmart is already playing Christmas music. Shoot. Me. Now. I'm not sure if I'll make it to December.

9 comments:

  1. hmmmm i think i will get you the ring and peace on earth...that cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, that works Beanst. Have fun wrapping Peace on Earth...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 front teeth in my jewellery box. Slightly used but easy to ship ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Please communicate with each other; I don't want to get 29 bunnies, 29 jobs, or 29 copies of Ray LaMontagne's album Trouble."

    Aiiiiiiiiie! 29 Bunnies?!?! I'm giggling with the thought of exponential bunny co-habitation. It would be the gift that kept on giving... :-D However, I notice that 29 bottles of Cab Franc was not excluded from the communication decree... how very wise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dharma, are you punching people in the face on a regular basis? Again? I thought I told you to stop that.

    Chris, it was very much on purpose that I didn't say don't give me 29 bottles of Cab Franc. Cuz we all know November is National Novel Writing Month, but we need to do something everyday in February too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really ... #11 ... or were you just wondering if people would really take the time to click all the links :-)

    I like Chris' idea of 29 bunnies ... the gift that keeps on giving ... hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 15. Summer weather and my extra hour of sunlight back, since these are two things I bought a head to have at Christmas I thought I would provide you with them too. Your gift will be waiting for you in Colombia SA come by and pick them up any time. I will try to send you photos of what your gift looks like on face book ;) so that you know how worth while the trip to pick them up will be :) <3 Jane'

    ReplyDelete
  8. just a random thought. if your bunny is a boy, i would not suggest another boy if you do get another rabbit. they tend to be aggressive towards one another. getting a female is a bad idea for obvious reasons. if they were both female it would be okay. (though adult females can also be aggressive towards each other, but are less so than males).... youre probably aware of all that, but thats my experience with bunnies.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!