Friday, November 5, 2010

Falling Behind

Whelp, it's day 5 and I've fallen behind word count-wise. You may have noticed that my NaNoWriMo widget says the same number as it did yesterday. And that is because yesterday was our monthly 3-hour gig night at the local pub. So I did zero writing. But I feel ok about the fact that I didn't stay up past 1 AM again, which is when I was crawling into bed last night, mainly because I'm already tired enough. And it's FRIDAY so I have more time to write in the upcoming days (cuz it's the WEEKEND!). I have this wonderful picture in my head of how my Saturday is going to go:

I wake up late (I'm talking 11 or so), and get out of bed, refreshed and ready to start my day. I make my way downstairs, feed Coltrane, and start the coffee (aka Reason-For-Being Juice). I put a CD on, most likely Ray LaMontagne (currently obsessed with his new album!). While the coffee is brewing, I whip up some pancake batter and start the bacon. All the while I'm singing and "dancing" in the kitchen (dancing in quotes because I SUCK at it). Once the pancakes are going, I have my cup of coffee, and the bacon is done, I make a couple fried eggs and start singing louder, hoping to wake Chris up with the sound of my melodious squawking. I will most likely have to go upstairs and bug him to get up, but, when he does come downstairs, there will be two very lovely plates of yummy food waiting for us. We'll sit on the couch and eat, and I will fire up my netbook. When I have a belly full of breakfast, I will wrap a blanket around myself (cuz it's cold in our house), pour myself another cup of coffee, and write for hours. And hours. And perhaps take the occasional break to do things like pee and tell Chris to stop yelling at the TV screen (which he seems to have been doing a lot lately... whether it is at the World Series peeps or at the video game he's playing) because "I'm trying to write my damn book!" I may have to pull the "I made you breakfast, so you have to do what I say" card, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that I decided to make him breakfast in the first place, I swear.

PS- I just found this NaNoWriMo SONG! Awesome.

And, can I also just say, you all are lovely, and I hope you have weekends to match.

PPS (haha, PP)- Check out these books, one by the guy who started NaNoWriMo, and one by some other lady who claims to have the answer to my novel writing questions, and one bestseller that was actually orginally a NaNoWriMo novel:

4 comments:

  1. I never knew Water for Elephants was originally a NaNoWriMo novel ... that's pretty cool. And ... breakfast sounds yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about Water for Elephants, either! Wow. Lookit all the success that's come of it, too. Amazing.

    Keep up the good work, Ryan! Maybe you'll give us another little excerpt on Monday from your weekend writing...? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll catch up - I'm sending positive subliminal messages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the Marathon Writing Session begin... 3, 2, 1, GO!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!