Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mid-Twenties

Today is my 25th birthday. I feel old. But, Chris lovingly cooked me a wonderful breakfast, got me a gift certificate for a massage (yay!), and even wrapped my gift in Happy Birthday wrapping paper (as opposed to Christmas paper, which is unacceptable). Having a birthday during the holiday season is rough sometimes. Anyways, we're going out to a nice dinner tonight, and then going to have a drink at a local brewery with some of our friends. Wahoo!

I mentioned in my last post that the weather out in Lon-Gisland was intense, and I have some pictures to post to prove it. These were taken by Chris's sister Laura (La!), who resides over at http://www.classylas.blogspot.com/. You have to get invited to read her blog, and that is a club I happen to be lucky enough to belong to. So yeah, here are the pics, which she gave me permission to use:







I know it's a little hard to tell, but there were 6 and 7-foot waves! On the Sound!
Crazy, yes? It was in the mid-twenties all weekend, but with the wind chill it was around 14 degrees. Brrrrr! Ok, here are a couple older pics from when we visited Lon-Gisland, so you can compare the Sound. This is what the same body of water (and I) usually looks like:




Hard to believe, I know. Chris and I went out exploring in the wind, but we lasted all of five minutes. It was SO COLD. We bundled up, and I resembled an Eskimo, and Chris resembled a Babushka.

We have bags full of presents that we have yet to unpack, and I think I will do that today. We got some very cool things, including a Star Wars poster with all the characters from the movies in a band rocking out onstage, a guitar-shaped spatula, some sweet books, the Planet Earth DVD series, etc. And I have two other Christmas/Birthday celebrations to go to this weekend with my family! Crazy!

My mom and sister called me this morning, but no one else has. They are soon to be in trouble...

1 comment:

  1. ah I love you birthday girl! and i changed the settings so that anyone who wants to can read my blog! very generous of me.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!