Monday, December 27, 2010

Playlist 1: Christmas Ain't Over Yet

Whoa, so the wind was blowing here in Lon-Gisland at like 50 knots all last night (I have no clue what a "knot" means, but let's just say there are 7-foot waves on The Sound, which ain't supposed to have waves at all!). I actually couldn't sleep at all, because the wind was so loud. And, the gutter blew off the house. And I was convinced that the windows were going to blow in.

Anyways, Chris has this great idea for my blog. The idea is that I make playlists every-so-often (or virtual mixed tapes). This is one of my favorite past-times, the love for which I inherited from my dad. My dad is seriously the king of making mixes.

So, here is my Christmas playlist. I tend to despise Christmas music, so here is my very picky hand-picked list for your listening pleasure:

1. "Linus and Lucy," Vince Guaraldi
2. "Pretty Paper," Willie Nelson
3. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," Brenda Lee
4. "St. Stephen's Day Murders," The Chieftains
5. "Jingle Bells," Shroeder
6. "Blue Christmas," Elvis Presley
7. "All I Want for Christmas is You," Mariah Carey
8. "Christmas Island," Bob Dylan
9. "The Twelve Days of Christmas," John Denver with The Muppets
10. "Happy Christmas/War is Over," John Lennon


So, my thinking is that I will try to do a different playlist every couple weeks. All of them will have the tag "playlist," so if you wanted to pull up all of them, you could simply search for that.

I hope you all had/are having wonderul and relaxing holiday!

3 comments:

  1. "All I Want for Christmas is You," - Never woulda guessed that one in a 1,000 years. However thanks for the earworm.... aaaarg! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the movie Love Actually, this 11 year old sings "all i want for xmas is you" the best i've ever heard it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that is the exact reason why "All I Want for Christmas is You" is on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!