Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm writing from New Jersey after a morning/afternoon of Christmas-type activities. Right now, Chris is napping with his legs draped over me on the couch, and I have my netbook on his calves. The delicious quiche is the culprit that has the whole house in one giant food coma.

It was a great Christmas morning and afternoon.  Things got started about three hours later than I'm used to, though; my mom has a habit of getting my sister and I out of bed at like 6:30 AM on Christmas morning, so it was quite surprising when I woke up at 9:30. My mom always bellows out a Christmas song of some sort to wake up the house, because she gets up at like 5:00 AM because she's so excited. She's like a little kid!

And though I miss my family dearly (and my two Christmases there), I've had a wonderful time doing Christmas with Chris and his family. We're getting ready to head over to his aunt and uncle's house to do Christmas dinner. Then, we're headed out to the Long Island Sound! Wahoo!

Oh, and things of note: Chris and I got two matching shirts. Stay tuned for ridiculous pictures of us matching in flannel. I was also given a bracelet made out of guitar strings (cool!), a Beatles book, a photography book, and some other really nice things.

I have lots of things going on when I get back (like MY BIRTHDAY), so I'm planning on trying to relax in Lon-Gisland (that's how they say it there).

Love to my family. Drink a cocktail and eat a croissant for me (:

~R

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ryan. Greg and I didn't get matching shirts but I have my fingers crossed for matching NASCAR jackets for our anniversary ;) Sounds like you are having a nice relaxed holiday. Good stuff. - Dharma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom let me sleep in this year til 7:30 haha! This time she sang rudolph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so funny your mom wakes you up! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!