Saturday, October 16, 2010

Easy to Please

All alone in the house with nowhere to be= me having time to make coffee and breakfast= me feeling relaxed. If you've been reading for even a little bit, you know how hard a time I have relaxing. Examples here, here, and here. But man, I got to sleep in until 11:30 today and then I leisurely made a pot of coffee, which I got to drink in a leisurely manner. Then, while leisurely drinking coffee, I leisurely cooked pancakes and an egg. And then I got to sit and eat it! In a leisurely manner! And then I got to sit some more! Then I decided to make another cup of coffee! Cuz I'm crazy like that! And because I could! And then I drank it while sitting and sitting some more! On my butt! With NOWHERE to be.

Now, I absolutely love living with Chris. There is no one I'd rather come home to. He's my best friend, and I love hearing about his day and telling him about mine. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, he is a pleasure to be around. But sometimes I just need a day to myself. That's all. I ususally have to go to work or have a gig or have to write something or have to do a million zillion things. And on occasion, a day in my own house all to myself is necessary. Seriously, this morning when I was eating my breakfast, I felt more peaceful and relaxed then I have in months. Because of our schedules, Chris gets to be alone in the house all the time, while I only get an hour or two here and there (which is usually during the time of the day where I'm working out, showering, and eating dinner). So, I'm just happy to be obligation-free for a second.

I think women often have this idea that they have to be doing something at all times. I think women often feel guilty about doing "nothing." But you know what? Screw that. Men (now, of course, I'm generalizing) relax in a guilt-free way all the damn time. Everyday! More than one time a day. I can't even imagine what that feels like!

Anyways, this is my way of telling all of you to take a chill pill. Relax. Enjoy doing NOTHING. Watch your favorite TV show, read a book, watch a movie, take a nap, order takeout, drink a glass of wine, do whatever it is you feel like. Not what you think you should be doing, what you feel like doing.

And you know what? Now that I've gotten my time to myself, I'm ready for Chris to come home.

3 comments:

  1. sooooo when are you making me breakfast and coffee?! because that looks so yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're staying with me for the film festival weekend I'd be happy to make you breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not.stopped.moving. since 1994......you may just be on to something Ryan ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!