Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Hunt

Hello all. It's been quite the beginning of the week. Being at work after giving notice is tough... it's a weird combination of feeling ultra-responsible to get things done and feeling totally unmotivated. But I'm still very happy with my decision to leave, so that's good. On Monday morning, the Chief Operations Officer (COO!) in the office asked me if I slept ok... obviously trying to guage whether or not I felt ok with my decision... which I do! Woo!

I've been scouring the internet for job postings since I quit my job, and, I must say, I have come across some WEIRD things. For instance, I came across an ad on craigslist looking for a  "Model/Receptionist (part-time)." Um? Why does it matter what someone looks like when their job is to answer the phone? After the ad goes on to talk about wanting someone with good people skills, an outgoing personality, basic computer skills, and, oh yeah, good looks, it says "no resumes please. Simply a photo." Skeaze to the max. It might as well say "seeks a blonde, bubbly, bimbo with breasts the size of Buick. Must have low self-esteem and do anything for little-to-no-pay." Ew.

Then there are things like "18th-Century Costumed Reenactors Needed," or "Do You Drink?" or "Zombies Needed," or "Part-time Dietary Aides." Sounds to me like that last one is looking for human fiber. It is actually looking for people to work at a retirement community to help with meal planning, etc. But definitely sounds like they want people who have some kind of innate ability to soften other people's stool.

Sigh. Where's the person who wants to give me thousands of dollars to write for them? Or, maybe just give me $25,000 in advance to write a book. About whatever I want. Like bunnies, or Italy, or singing, or about strange crap that happens on a daily basis. Or about how freakin' weird people can be.

Anyways, I am in the process of scheduling an interview for a part-time admin thing that I'm actually excited about (more detail later), and I'm in the running for a part-time blogging position. So fingers crossed. Wish me luck! Or hire me!

5 comments:

  1. Haha once again, you make me laugh...lol the size of a buick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, thanks for appreciating my sense of humor... that Buick comment may have something to do with my mosquito bites...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Buick's salute you....good luck on the job hunt girl! The "dietary aid" job made me giggle....cause I'm mature like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Human fiber" - That gotta chuckle fer sure. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm a fan of a good poo joke. Every time. Apparently I'm quite mature myself!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!