Friday, October 22, 2010

2 Weeks

So, my life has been in a bit of upheaval of late. I made a HUGE decision recently, which was to quit my current desk job. There are all sorts of reasons why I decided to do so, and I don't want to bore you with all of them, but let's just say that I'm ready for a new chapter of my life. Yesterday I gave my two weeks notice, and I am so excited about my new possibilties! I could do ANYTHING! I could flip burgers by day (as is the English Major way) and write a novel by night! I could work in a book store part-time and in an office part-time. I could work in a wine-tasting room and start a wine blog. I could do ANYTHING! I could get a job at a newspaper. I could do admin work at a counseling center and do my small part helping depressed people. I could start a business. I could be a personal assistant and an executive AT THE SAME TIME (I could be my own personal assistant). ANYTHING!

Best-case scenario (at least, in my head) would be to get a part-time admin job that pays well that enables me to spend the rest of the time writing from home (or from a coffee shop... wouldn't want to crowd Chris during his sacred Xbox time!) either for a paper, a blog, a magazine, or any combination thereof.

SO, if you're hiring, I'm your girl. I'm a fast learner, I'm organized, I have years of experience (bow chicka wow!), I have good written and verbal communication skills, and, most importantly, I make a mean cup of coffee.

3 comments:

Talk to Me!