Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Why I Wish People Were More Like Bunnies

Some of you may know that I am a proud Bunny-Mommy. I adopted sweet, cute, little Coltrane from the SPCA a couple years ago, and he is awesome. Just look:


My little (slightly chubby) bun!
So, here are a few reasons why I wish people were more like bunnies:

1. Bunnies dance when they're happy. It's called a "binky" when a bunny jumps and spins in the air out of pure joy. Wouldn't it be great if people did this? I can't help but smile and laugh when Coltrane binkies, so imagine how full of joy people would be to see their friends and loved ones literally "jumping for joy?"
2. Bunnies build trust over time (with people, with other bunnies) and "bond" with others. A rabbit makes it very clear when they don't trust you, and a lot of work and time goes into building a mutual trust and respect. Once that bond is established, the relationship is meaningful and special. I wish people were up-front about who they do and do not trust. It'd make things so much simpler.
3. It doesn't take much to make a bunny happy. Enough food, a treat here and there, and the space to run around. Coltrane is sometimes more excited about getting to run around the house than he is to get fed.
4. Once you learn bunny body-language, it is pretty easy to figure out what's going on with them. People hide what they're thinking and feeling and manipulate their own body-language to communicate what others want to see. Once you learn what means what, a bunny is easy to read. When Coltrane's ears are smushed together and pushed back, that means he's irritated, mad, etc and stop doing what you're doing. Simple. No mind games.
5. Rabbits' poop doesn't smell. Think of how pleasant rest stop bathrooms would be if people's poop didn't smell!
6. There's a reason they say "going at it like rabbits."
7. There is no such thing as an ugly bunny.

You have my permission to make fun of me. I get hell all the time from people about being a "bunny person." Here is a great reason to pick on me... *binky*

RYAN'S RECOMMENDATIONS:

Listening: I got an email from my mom this morning telling me she just watched The Last Waltz again and loved it. I have been listening to The Band most of the day as a result. I don't think it will ever get old. Considering my mom and my dad especially still love it after having it in their lives since the movie came out on the big screen in 1978 (movie was filmed in 1976), I'd say it will probably stay relevant to me for years to come.

Reading: Chesapeake. What? It's like 900 pages! And I'm busy and stuff.

Watching: Bones. My sister has been trying to get me to watch this show for forever. Now that Chris and I have Netflix Instant right on our TV, we've started becomming obsessed. We're on the first season.

Working Out: Some things have gotten in the way this week, but 30 Day Shred tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. I think it is ridiculous that your bunny has a bunspace profile. Is it a good method for bunny-blind-dating? Bunny-networking?
    : ) It's adorable as all get out! Much like Coltrane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunnies are so awesome! I miss my bunnies everyday! I'm sad that I'm way too busy with work to properly take care of them. One day - I'm getting another. There is NOTHING better than a happy bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urban, Yay, I love meeting bunny people! And you're right, there is nothing better than a happy bun!

    Tara, see, so easy to make fun of bunspacers (:

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!