Sunday, August 8, 2010

Random Goings On

Whew, the past few days have been completely exhausting. I’m actually asleep right now. Pretty impressive how I can type and sleep at the same time, yes (call the circus!)? Lots to report:

My band had a couple gigs this weekend. One of them was a show at a local pub, which we do on a monthly basis. This time there was some guy who was totally trashed who kept yelling “play that again!” after every song (are you sure you don’t wanna hear maybe the next song instead?). We were talking about how it would have been funny to keep playing the same song over and over, but then decided he would be the only there not to notice. The other was at Presidents Park in Williamsburg. We played for about 7 bored people and 43 giant presidents (Obama has not been built yet!). The park is a winding sidewalk with 18-foot busts of every president for the public’s viewing pleasure, and is a sincerely strange place.

I was also woken up early every single day after a bunch of very late nights in a row. This morning I nearly punted my rabbit out the window when he woke me up at 7:30 (kidding. Instead I gave him treats. I’m such a good bunny mommy).


Let’s see, oh yeah, I got put on an antibiotic on Thursday (It’s hard to decide what the boundaries should be when it comes to writing a blog, but, I’ve made the call on this one, which is to say, “you don’t wanna know.” Mainly because I’m pretty sure you don’t). Anyhow, the reason I’m even mentioning it is that the bottle says not only “do not drink alcoholic beverages when taking this medication,” but also “check all medicine or food labels to help avoid hidden sources of alcohol.” Um? Sounds like my Metronidazole is telling me that a government conspiracy is afoot. Is The Man secretly injecting alcohol into our food? Does the FDA know about these “hidden sources?” Are they in on it? Will I get drunk if I eat enough processed food? Are they trying to keep the population in a stupor so we don’t rise up against them?


Also, I found my toothbrush cup in the dishwasher here in Grandma’s House World (told ya!). But, the same day, my toothpaste disappeared. So, I searched everywhere and found it in the makeup basket on top of the clothes dryer. Apparently my stuff is being spirited away by the Cleaning Fairy, who is the second-cousin-once-removed of the Tooth Fairy.


T minus 60 hours or so until I Chris and I get the keys to our new place. Things are going to cray-zay again, so I apologize if I can’t post as often.

RYAN’S RECOMMENDATIONS:


Listening: Check out the song “All for Leyna” by Billy Joel if you haven’t already. It’s freakin’ awesome.


Reading: Chesapeake. Jamestown, The Eastern Shore, indentured servants, canoes, mosquitoes, greatness.

Watching: Chris and I just watched the movie The Runaways, which is about Joan Jett’s first band. It’s about chicks who rock, what can I say?

Working out: Being bad.

2 comments:

  1. At first, I thought that when you mentioned the song "All for Leyna" that Billy Joel had a new album out...and then I remembered this song from when I was in Grade 10!!! That is so cool that you mentioned it here. I am also a big fan of Joni Mitchell's...you should check out her "Blue" album - my all time favourite. I used to think that I was born about a generation too late as I am a big James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, and Crosby, Stills and Nash fan. However, you are about 20 years younger than me. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, you sound like a kindred spirit! I spent college desperately wishing I was born 35-40 years earlier! And, "Blue" is my favorite Joni album! I love it so much; I think I know every nuance by now. I think I go back-and-forth between which songs on the album are my favorites. I love them all really.

    I had never heard of "All for Leyna" until a friend of mine got into it. He and some others formed a Billy Joel/Bruce Springsteen cover band called Power Warden and they played a killer version of "All for Leyna." Now one of my favorite Billy Joel tunes.

    Anyways, thanks so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!