Wednesday, August 31, 2011

To Be, or Knot to Be...

Yesterday, Chris asked me if he could claim some of my time after he got back home from teaching guitar. When I asked why, he said he wanted to spend some time going through the knots that a sailor needs to be able to tie. So, I said, "why knot?" (bwahahaha!).

I did pretty well, if I do say so myself. Here are four of the knots I learned to tie:

Clove Hitch
Figure 8 Knot
Bowline
Square Knot
I'd like to point out that Chris did knot help me with the above knots. Those are all pictures of knots I tied myself. It's knot something I ever would have thought to spend an evening doing, but, I did certainly enjoy learning a few new things. Plus, if I'm going to be a helpful sailor (and knot one who just sits there doing nothing), then I need to be able to do some things without help!

Once I had reached my limit on time spent tying knots, I grabbed my camera and started playing with it. So, while I took pictures of Coltrane:



The poor bun's eye is still all goopy and drippy. I've been giving him antibiotics twice a day, but it still doesn't seem to be getting better. Frowny face.

Chris spent time trying to teach himself how to tie a Monkey's Fist:


Try knot to be jealous of our knot-tying skills, mmmmmmk?

3 comments:

Talk to Me!