Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 9 of Living Alone

Chris came back last night a little after midnight (he cut his vacation a little short because of Irene... he didn't want to be driving down 95 or out on Lon Gisland when she came through). So, yesterday was my last day alone! I went to work, had a good day there, then went to the grocery store to pick up some last minute hurricane supplies. People were going a bit nuts. I just got water, ice (in case the power goes out for more than a couple hours; we don't want to throw away any food), and batteries. Then, I got some Thai food, came home, ate dinner, chased the bunny around trying to get him to take his medicine (broke into a sweat doing that), watched Ally McBeal for a bit, then read my book for a while. I was very happy when Chris walked in the door.

It's certainly different living alone than having your roommate be gone for a while. When I lived in my own apartment, I still had Chris in and out on, well, most days. With him far away, it was just me in this big (well, not that big) house. When I lived alone, the apartment was the perfect size for Coltrane and I. Being alone in this house is much different. Anyways, I enjoyed my alone time immensely, but, I'm very happy to have my man back in one piece.

Today, Chris and I moved the boat into the backyard, moved our cars away from the very precarious trees in the front yard, and, to quote the news, "hunkered down." I kicked his ass at Rummy, we watched a movie, and now Chris is making quesadillas for us. I could get used to his hurricane thing, I think.

I hope everyone is safe and enjoying themselves!

1 comment:

Talk to Me!