Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 7 of Living Alone

Ok, so this is a day late ( so shoot me!).

- Got up, showered, fed the bunny, went to work. You know, all my morning stuff that I cram into about half of the time that it should take to do all those things.

- Work. Not too much to report except that things were busy.

- Took my car to get it inspected. I was excited when I got to the auto place because there were so few cars there. But, it still took and hour-and-a-half. Good thing I brought my book, although, the TV in the waiting room was SO EFFIN' LOUD that I could barely hear myself think. And there was only one other person in there, but he was watching. So, I suffered silently. The guy came in to tell me that my car had passed just fine (it better have- it's only two years old!). He then told me that I should think about getting my alignment looked at sometime in the near future (he said my tires were just starting to wear unevenly). And I was like, "ok thanks, but not today" (aka, "You're full of shit."). I then started to follow him out of the room and he was like, "oh, I'm not ready for you yet, I have to go put everything together." And I'm sitting there thinking (well, trying to over the VERY LOUD SOUND OF NEWS ANCHORS BEING VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE) that he better have meant the paperwork and not my car. And then I started to have this sneaking suspicion that the guy messed with my alignment so that I'd HAVE to take my car in sometime soon and pay them many dollars to adjust it. Oy.

- Ate half of an energy bar on my way home, then worked out, showered, and made dinner. When I say "made," I mean scrambled some eggs, grabbed an apple, and toasted a piece of bread on which I put hummus and turkey.

- Plopped down on the couch to read through Lesson 3 of my Project Management Fundamentals online course.

- Talked to Chris (ok, I'm to the point where I'm fully admitting that I miss him) on the phone, watched a little Ally McBeal, and then went to bed and passed out.

- Woke up to an aftershock from the earthquake at some point in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me!