Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 3 of Living Alone

- Got up at 10:30 (slept for TEN un-interrupted hours last night!). Cleaned the very-messy kitchen, made myself a tomato, goat-cheese, and spinach omelet. Which I ate with a side of strawberries.

-Went out for a latte. Read my book for awhile while I drank my coffee. Currently reading: Caribbean by James Michener.

- Went to Old Navy, bought some jeans and a couple shirts. Went to the mall.

- This is of note:  I went to Victoria's Secret. Inspired by Heather Armstrong's recent post about getting a bra fitting at dooce.com, I got one done. The woman measured my bust in the middle of the store (a bit awkward), and after I informed her of my size, she corrected me. I was compeltely skeptical until I tried on a few bras in the size the sales associate told me I was. Annnnnnd, it's a miralce. I can't believe a bra can fit so well. Seriously. Every woman (and maybe some men) should get measured. Sooooo, I spent like $80 on bras after that, mainly because I've never been so comfortable with a bra on in my life. Good marketing on their part, I guess.

-Met my sister and her boyfriend for a beer. I ordered a Bud Light and was mericfully made fun of. T'was lovely.

- Went to the grocery store. Got supplies for girls' night (spaghetti sauce stuff, noodles, dark chocolate).

- Ate pasta, garlic bread, salad, drank cranberry wine, and watched Sex and the City. Then Pirate Radio (LOVE this movie).

- Something I realized today: I am between demographics. Today in the mall, I didn't feel like I could shop in any of the stores. I'm between the young, hip stores and the old lady stores. I can't shop in the Juniors section or the Misses section. None of it really appeals to me. Where's my in-between, mid-twenties, young-working-adult store? Also, my friend and I realized we're torn between finding young men and older men attractive (Pirate Radio features very attractive young men and older men). What's wrong with me? Being twenty-five sucks.

-Now, I'm watching re-runs of Ally McBeal and trying not to fall asleep. And, holy hell, it's late. Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. This all sounds awesome. I'm planning to get some new bras soon. I think I need to be remeasure because mine never fit right anymore.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I absolutely recommend getting a fitting done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I went to the mall I felt the same way about store demographics. I was in a (I guess younger than me) store by myself, with highschoolers all around giggling, and i was like, do they sense I don't belong? How old do I look to them? Why am I here? Where do I belong???

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!