Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Search Terms and Keywords

So, I read a blog called A Delightful Affair, and the woman who writes it recently did a post about the search terms that have led people to her blog (Blogger provides you with a list of the recent and most-used searches that led people to your blog). So, I went and checked out mine. Mine are slightly disturbing, and plenty funny. So, I wanted to share them with you. I'd also like to point out (again), that my most popular post by far is "Today I Peed in the Woods." You sickos, you.

Here are the most popular:

ryanwithuterus
ryan the girl
peeing in the woods
how to pronounce kubb
ryanthegirl
"ryan the girl"
ryan the girl blogspot
good points about coed sports
had to pee outside
how do you pronounce kubb

Mmmmk, that's not too bad. But, here are the recent ones:

peeing in the woods
ryan the girl blogspot
peeing in woods being seen
a girl actually pees on a tree and this is her story
blogspot ryan the girl
christopher ottenweiler
i peed with my mother
is it illegal to pee in the woods by a boat landing with no bathroom
nicknames for girls named ryan
peeing woods
stress and dreams
"my new short hair"
...woods squat pee...
americana sail boat names
best songs to share with a girl
car game "my cows"
do you pee in the woods
crazy pee girls blogspot

I'm sure a lot of those people were disappointed when they got to my post about a lovely paddle in a lovely kayak on a lovely spring day. I'm hoping that writing that post does not make me a "crazy pee girl." Though, the more hits I get the better, right? Right? Could that thinking lead me down a dark, scary, bodily-function-laden road? Perhaps...

Also, "is it illegal to pee in the woods by a boat landing with no bathroom?" I have not a clue. But, now I kinda want to know. But, apparently if you search for the answer in google, you will be led to a random annoying girl's blog and not have your question answered. Sad, really.

Now I have to think of a topic to write about that will keep people coming back again and again. Ideas?

6 comments:

  1. Write about midget clothes. You will get plenty of people visiting you. Also they will have something other than my post about children's clothing to look at. And it will relieve my guilt over being apparently the only (inaccurate and extremely unhelpful) source for information about midget fashion.

    Or you could stick with peeing in the woods stories. That seems to be working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I shall consider a post about midget clothes, though I know nothing about them. And yes, as long as people keep googling pee-related things, I will continue to get hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite has to be "a girl actually pees on a tree and this is her story" because it sounds so conversational.

    Now I have to figure out how to find the search terms, because I certainly can't think of anything to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grammargeek, if you go to your stats, click on the one that says "traffic sources." At the bottom, you'll see the search terms or keywords... you can change what you see by clicking on "all time," "month," "week," "day," or "now." That way, you can see the most popular search terms of all time for your blog, or the terms used that week or that month or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! why would people google chris? hahaha and really not know how to spell his name...creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I don't know. Maybe there really is someone named Chris Ottenweiler!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!