Monday, July 18, 2011

Maiden Voyage

So, we had this big plan to go sailing this past Sunday, but, since the metal-working guy didn't get us our rudder-assembly part when he said he would, we couldn't. But, Chris had a great idea, which was to try putting up the mast and boom and to hoist the sails to make sure everthing was working properly. We also sprayed the boat down with the hose to try to clean 'er up a little. And no, we haven't picked a name for the boat yet. I was thinking maybe Bluey. Bluey the boat.

I had this grand scheme to take photos of Chris on the boat with the background all blurred out to try to fool you all into thinking we were actually on the water, only to post that one final picture of him on the boat on the trailer in the yard. Sigh, it would have been hilarious (to me!). Alas, once we hoisted up the main sail, a breeze kicked in, and Chris and I would have been in big trouble if we had left the sail up for any extended period of time (or, if life was a movie, the trailer would have started rolling and we would have land surfed on our sailboat, only to crash into the side of the house). There was also a moment where Chris walked too far towards the stern and the trailer started shifting backwards, boat and boy and all (it had been tipped all the way forward). It was terrifying. I sort of jumped on the bow to keep it from slamming down.

After we finished with Yet-to-be-Named-Sailboat, we headed to our neighborhood bar to watch the Women's World Cup Final. Don't even get me started on that; I almost cried in the bar.

And now I have one more work week before a lovely beach vacation... let's hope I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me!