Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dream Job

So, for some reason I haven't yet written a post to detail the craziness that occurred in my life last week. Maybe because it's just too good to be true. Maybe I felt that writing about it would make it turn out to not have happened at all.

I wrote a post before letting you all know that I had been offered an Office Assistant position with an insurance company. Well, that was after being told by the company that I really wanted to work for that they had decided to offer the Admin position there to someone else. I was pretty devastated, but was offered this other Office Assistant job the very next day. So, needing gainful employment, I accepted. Then, two days later, after having let the job I really wanted go, and after having embraced the idea that I would be working for this insurance company, I found that I had a message on my voicemail from the guy who was hiring at the company I wanted to work for in the first place (we had been in the recording studio all day, so my phone was on silent). I didn't get the message until about 6 PM on Friday, but I called him back anyways. And, THEY OFFERED ME THE JOB! I don't know what happened (likely, the person they offered the position to did not accept!), but I was floored! I cried as soon as I hung up the phone because I was so excited, relieved, and flattered.

The only bad thing was the part where I had to tell the insurance company that I had accepted another position. Awkward! But, pretty much everything about the job is better, so I certainly owed it to myself.

So, now I am an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations for a Biofuel Company. That's right. They make fuel out of waste vegetable oil from restaurants, etc. How awesome and green is that? And the people who work there seem incredibly cool, which is something I really care about. So, I dive-in on Monday.

And so, a new era begins... and I'm incredibly excited.

6 comments:

Talk to Me!