Monday, January 24, 2011

Away on Business

Sorry it's been so long, folks.

Well, I had my first day of my new job today! And it went really, really well, so I'm pretty freakin' excited. The people in my new office are all really nice, which is so important. And, this job is going to be perfect for me, I can already tell. I can wear JEANS to work if I want to (Hallelujah, Amen)! So far, I've been dressing slightly nicer than most of my coworkers, but I'm sure it won't last too long!

Tomorrow I hit the road for another office in the company I work for. I'm going to be doing training there for three days, and I'm getting put up in a hotel. Fancy pants! And I will learn to file an expense report afterwards and get reimbursed for the mileage I put on my car and stuff.

I also got a work laptop and will get a Blackberry very soon. I seriously feel spoilt. Yes, spoilt.

I was also thinking today about all those people out there who are looking for jobs. I just want to say that it is all going to be ok. Just hang in there, try to exercise when you can, and read an article or two on how to ace an interview. It's all helpful. I keep hearing things about the job market getting better also, so that's a positive.

In other news:
-I finally cleaned the upstairs bathroom. Who knew it was that color?
-Getting up at 8 after getting up between 11-12 for months was difficult. I felt sick this morning.
-It's so cold that my skin immediately dries out the second I walk outside. I'm like an alligator over here!
-Now that I know I will have a steady paycheck, I have consumed sushi multiple times...
-Chris has me watching Battlestar Galactica now that we've finished Stargate SG-1. DORKITUDE! Okay, whatever, it's actually an amazing show.

2 comments:

  1. So glad it went well! Have fun away for a few days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BSG is amazing - ally and i just finished the entire show... all 4.5 seasons. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!