Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Alaska

It's been awhile, dear readers, because I have been spending almost all of my spare time reading. There is little that is better than reading a really good book, am I right? Especially when it's cold outside and you have a blanket and some kind of warm beverage, and when you have nowhere you have to be. And especially when Chris is spending all his time watching baseball. You know, baseball- the most BORING "sport" in existence.

Anyways, I'm reading another book by James Michener: Alaska. It's SO good. I can't stop reading it. Some of my friends got together to eat wings and watch the World Series, and I read my book the whole time. Life of the party am I!

I know I've written a lot about Michener's books, but that's because I love them so much. They make me want to see the world and learn everything I can about its people.

Alaska is great because I don't really know anything about Alaskan history. And it's full of characters who take risks and prioritize adventure and the search for knowledge. Then, on the other hand, there is tragedy and death and prejudice and deep sorrow. Reading it just makes me feel so alive!

A cheap, easy way to add a little adventure to life!
AND, I just love books that really *thump* when you set them down. You know, GIANT ones. And Alaska is 1,073 pages long. I'd say that's pretty respectable. Good stuff! They're the kind of books that make me cry when they're over because I get so invested in them.

So yeah, if I'm not posting, don't worry, I'm not dead. Just reading!

2 comments:

  1. No - BORING would be Soccer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Michener! Alaska, eh? Been awhile since I dove into a big, thumpy book....

    How are ya, lady? Other than hermitting next to the glow of the TV's hum during the World Series? Could be worse, hockey season just STARTED! Gads. - Dharma

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!