Monday, September 27, 2010

Beachy Keen!

Back from the beach and back to reality. Damn that's depressing. So I had this brilliant idea to write a blog post while I was away... by hand. So here it is (and yes, I'm acutely aware that my handwriting sucks):



So, an added note: Chris's van's window did eventually decide to go up, and before it started raining on our drive back on Sunday! I don't think I've ever seen Chris so relieved. The few hundred dollars it would have cost to get that fixed simply wasn't welcome, especially after non-insured doctor's visits and a weekend away.

We headed to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel also on Saturday afternoon, and stopped at the restaurant/gift shop/pier in the middle. Three miles offshore, and you can just hang out. Very awesome.

On Sunday, we went to Fort Story near VA Beach (which is a military base and an historic site). We climbed the old lighthouse (after which my thighs seized up completely. Dehydrated much?), checked out the site where the Jamestown colonists originally landed (hence "First Landing"), and saw dolphins off the coast. T'was brilliant.

Some pictures of our trip for your viewing pleasure:
The walk to the Chesapeake from our campground.
Chris checking out the boats. He likes boats.
A tanker in the Chesapeake.
Posing.
The pier off of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.
Chris and I on the Bridge-Tunnel.
Old Cape Henry Light= conquered.
The view off Cape Henry.
Assembly of Japanese tent require peace-of-mind...
Oh wait, that's a bunny!
Just another quick note: I've finally updated the Ryan's Recommendations section (which now permanently resides to the right of the posts). I'm trying to update this weekly. Some of the electronics on there now are things I'm in the market for and am on the verge of purchasing. I'm in need of YOUR recommendations there!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Ryan -

    Your sister turned me on to your blog and I've been loving it. Your style clicks with my warped sense of humor. Luvn' it.

    Anyhow, a side effect of my job is lots of technology piling up around me. I've got an HP Netbook that your welcome to if you want it. lemme know... although if it means not getting to chuckle over any more "analog" blog posts like the one above, I might be doing us all a dis-service. ;-)

    Lemme know, really not a problem, I'd be happier if it were being used. Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, thanks so much for reading!

    And thanks too for your offer. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the Dell netbook I've had my eye on. It's actually pretty reasonably priced on Amazon, and I'd like something new so it will last.

    But thank you (and I'm glad you liked my handwritten post!)!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!