Friday, September 10, 2010

1812 Overture

Man, TGIF times a zillion! What a week. I've been super-stressed. Super-dee-duper-stressed, actually.

So, the night-before-last, Chris and I watched a particularly tense episode of Bones. It wasn't exactly scary per se, but it was one of those edge-of-your-seat, holy-shit-what's-going-to-happen-next types. So, after the episode, I went to the bathroom (It feels weird to announce this fact on the Internet. I WENT TO THE BATHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I think I can get into announcing weird things like that). When I finished washing my hands, I opened the door, my head full of the types of musings that can only occur when worshipping the porcelain goddess, and there was Chris squatting on the right of the door, making a crazy face, waiting in eager anticipation of my eventual F-(*&%#&%-in' FREAK OUT.

After watching the very tense episode, I was, well, quite tense. So, essentially, when I exited the half-bath, Chris successfully scared the shit out of me, just as he had planned. I jumped out of my skin, left it on the ugly lineoleum, heard myself shriek, and ran my skinless self up the steps. My heart was doing the 1812 Overture. An up-tempo version.

Now, Chris used to do this to me on a regular basis. I got so used to the fact that he was going to try to scare the shit out of me, that I would look around every corner. He used to wait behind a closed door with his $60 fiddle and drag the bow across the strings when I opened it. Shudder. Now that's scary. For serious. However, when you expect to be scared, scare tactics fail. The element of surprise is gone. Well, since it had been so long since Chris had tried to terrify me, I was ill-prepared. Plus, as this was the night of the stressed out Julie and Julia watching, I was already a little on edge. Ok, maybe a lot on edge.

The other thing is, I'm a naturally wound-up person. I'm the girl who jumps and hangs on the chandelier when a kid's balloon pops. I gasp! alot.

I was pissed that Chris decided to scare me when he knew I was already so wound up, but he thought it was hil-ar-i-ous. He eventually started feeling bad though (as. he. should!) and let me order him around for a bit: GET ME A GLASS OF WATER! (:

Sigh. I guess I have to keep my guard up again. Or, I suppose I could go on the offensive. That's the ticket!

On a separate note, I have two (2) gigs this weekend, both of which will be taking up a LOT of time. So, the next post may be a few days away. In the meantime, have a great weekend!

R's Rs:

Listening: The Waterboys. 80's Pop meets Irish Traditional. Sweetness.

Watching: Valentine's Day (from Red Box, which is a dolla!)

Reading: Chesapeake

Working Out: Weight Loss Yoga

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha Ryan you crack me up! I'm a bit overly jumpy myself, so I can totally relate to the hanging on chandeliers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's fantastic, Chris is awesome.
    I love the fiddle noise story. Love it!

    My word verification when I went to post this was butdod. Which I read as Butt-dude. Hi, I'm the Butt-dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading guys... Kaimona, you shall heretofore be known as "butt-dude!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan, this is hysterical! I absolutely remember you and love to hear that you are living such a vivacious literary life :) I will follow you! And quite possibly ask you questions like HOW in the world can you give people the option to follow via email? What witchery is that?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!