Monday, June 4, 2012

A Very Important Date

When Chris and I first got engaged, I kind of assumed this blog would end up as a wedding planning blog for a year or so. I've tried to keep it from becoming that. BUT, I thought I'd share a few details (mainly because I'm excited!).

First off, we are getting married on June 1, 2013 in Fairfax, VA. So, we have a little less than a year to go! In some ways, a year seems like forever, in others, it seems like it's coming quickly!

The venue we picked has a space for the ceremony upstairs (full of books!), and a hall for the reception downstairs. Currently, we are working on figuring out the food. Chris and I have a BBQ and beer bash in mind.

Secondly, I have found a dress! Yes, already! I found a beautiful little number online, and my mom worked very hard to find a store that could get a sample in for me to try on. She and I drove up to Annapolis, I tried on the dress, and I instantly knew it was the one. And yeah, I had that cliche experience where I cried. What can I say? I could just see myself walking down the aisle to marry Chris in it. I'll show it to you all sometime after the wedding. Anyways, I have to wait many months to actually get MY dress, so I'm glad that got done early.

Anyways, that's about it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me!