Tuesday, June 19, 2012

8 Reasons Why I'm Sure I'm Turning Into My Mother

1. I must be aware of the exact location of my purse at all times, otherwise I will have a paralyzing anxiety attack. It must either be in my direct line of sight, or, I must be touching it. At restaurants, I either hang it on my chair, or put it on the floor so that it is touching my foot. My mom is the exact same way... as a kid, I remember constantly being asked if her purse was in the backseat of the car where I was sitting.

2. Twice now, after I've gone to get the mail, I've opened the mailbox, gotten out the mail, closed the mailbox, and then I've pushed the "lock" button my car key. You know, to make sure the mailbox is locked.

3. I sing songs to my pet rabbit Coltrane, which are often loosely based on existing songs. For example, my latest composition is "Feed the Bun," which is based on the song "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwU_oS2ErQ). Well, mainly just the chorus: "Feeeeed the bun, toppins for bun, toppins! toppins! toppins for buuuuuun..." Ok, you get the idea. I am immediately reminded of my mother's composition about the dog we used to have, named Earl. It was based on that delightful hymn that we all used to sing on Sunday mornings, "Disco Inferno": "Go Early go! Disco Inferno! Go Early Go! Bite the head off of that squirrel!" Ahem.

4. I am a horrible dancer, and yet, I do it anyways, though only in the safety of my own abode.

5. I'm pretty sure portable GPS devices were actually specifically manufactured for my mom and me.

6. I go to the grocery store at least 3 times a week.

7. I get motion sick if I brave the swings at a playground, read in the car, or, you know, turn my head too fast.

8. I hate mayonnaise and syrup, and I never put butter on my bread.

Love you mom! :)

In other news, I had a salad made from spinach from my garden with dinner tonight. It was DELICIOUS!

In other other news, I am now on Week 4 of Couch to 5k!

1 comment:

  1. I make lists. For everything. I make lists of my lists....which makes me want to both thank and suckerpunch my Mom at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!