Monday, June 11, 2012

The Vegetables of My Labor

You guys! I just ran out into the rain and snipped some basil leaves from my garden. And I made a small insalata caprese using that basil. And then I ate it. AND IT WAS GOOD!

Sorry, it's just extremely satisfying to have thrown itty bitty seeds into the ground and to have watered them, watched them grow, and then to have gotten to eat the fruits (vegetables) of that labor.

Basil!

Basil!

Caprese!
Anyways, Chris came home this weekend so we could start packing up our stuff. Our lease is up at the end of July!

We grilled out on Saturday night, which was fun and delicious!

Leeks, squash, brussels sprouts, potatoes with evoo, italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and sriracha.

Grill!

Chris looking deliciously scruffy.

In other news, I'm now on Week 3 of Couch to 5k! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me!