Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dress Shopping!

On the Monday after Mother's Day, my mom and I got into her bright red Mini Cooper and headed up towards Annapolis. Our mission: Secure kick-ass wedding dress.

I had been looking at dresses online for awhile, as had my mom, and we sent each other some ideas via email. I'm supremely picky about pretty much everything I wear, and I had a few criteria I knew I wanted my dress to meet. I LOVE the way lace dresses look and I knew I wanted a short dress, not a long, heavy, beaded, blingy thing. I want to be able to be comfortable on my wedding day!

Anyways, I found a picture of one online that I thought might be it, and I sent it to my mom, who loved it. She then proceeded to call every bridal store in a 100 mile radius that carried the line that this dress belonged to. Not one of them had a sample I could try on; most bridal boutiques don't keep short dresses in stock, because I guess not too many people want them.

Finally, a little store in Annapolis said they would see if they could order the sample in! A ray of hope! Woo!

And they did.

So, as I said, on that Monday, we got into the Mini Cooper and headed to Annapolis, as the sky dumped three bazillion tons of rain on us. My mom and I, alike in many many ways, left early and brought the GPS. It's a good thing too, because we hit horrible traffic.

But, we made it to the bridal store, and there hanging on a hanger, was THE dress. It was beautiful.

I was pretty nervous walking into the store... thank goodness my mom was there with me... she seemed cool as a cucumber. They let me try on the dress, and then I came out to the three mirrors and the podium thingie. Annnnnnnnnnnd, I did that super cliche thing and started crying, which is a little embarrassing. It just sort of made everything feel real. And when I looked at my mom, I could tell that she was very happy that I loved the dress, and that she loved it as well.

So. I decided to try on a couple more, since we made the trip and all. So, without further ado, here is a picture of me in a wedding dress (don't worry for those of you who are superstitious... this is not THE dress):


Please excuse my bra straps and that super uggo belt thingie the consultant put on there!

So, we decided to get the first dress I tried on in ivory, and that was that!

I took my mom out to lunch as a small "thank you" as she bought my dress. We went to the Ram's Head and had great food and just enjoyed our Mother/Daughter day.

It's all happening!

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing, and I bet THE dress will look even more outstanding on you; Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I read through whole message before yelling at you! Thought that was your dress you were showing to the world, hehe. You do look beautiful and I know the other is probably PERFECT! I love a risk taker, the short dress sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding dress shops online can help you shortlist the dress just by looking at the different pictures posted from their website. This allows you to save your valuable time in the selection process that you can use to take care of the many other important matters of your wedding.
    Buy Girls Clothing India

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!