Monday, May 9, 2011

Hair-Brained

You know what I'm now addicted to? Short hair! I got my hair chopped again on Thursday, and man it feels good. Although, I kind-of look like a 12-year-old boy. When I got it done, the woman blow dried it and then straightened it (which I've never ever had done before), and it looked nice-ish then. Now, that I'm the one "doing" it (which, for me, means washing it and then brushing it and letting it dry and then maybe brushing it again), I look a bit like a small child. I'm afraid I may get carded the next time I try to go to a Rated R movie (I'll have to tell you about the last time that happened to me some other time), and I'm afraid Chris may get arrested for courting a minor...

It's funny because I used to be pretty concerned with having really long hair (end of high school into college). I remember trying to will it to grow. Back then, I thought that maybe it meant something to have long hair. But, you know what? Hair is hair: It means nothing. So why not try new things?

Here's how long my hair used to be:

Please also note Chris's long hair...




And so, here are the pics of me with my new short hair, as the hairdresser-lady did it:
Me giving you my best "Blue Steel" look...
Hello, you an call me Posh Spice.



Anyways, now my hair is still a bit traumatized from being straightened, so it's not quite doing it's normal puffy foofy thing it does, and I'm quite perplexed.

Internet, meet twelve-year-old boy Ryan:

And I know you're all wondering what ever happened to Sean from Boy Meets World... Well, at the very least, I can tell you were his hair went:


Nobody understands me and my 90's boy haircut...
So, despite my self-deprecating twelve-year-old boy jokes, I'm pretty happy with my short hair. It feels nice... and that means something.


6 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! I love it!! Short hair all the way!!
    Don't worry, I've literally been called "sir" way too many times to count. It's worth it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it straightened!! SO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The straightened version is trés chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really mean to be anonymous but I'm on a foreign computer and it's too difficult to sign into an account ... anyway ... it's Judy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!