Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Bird is the Word

Guys, I promise I haven't made some silly resolution to STOP blogging or anything like that. Truth is, life's been pretty insane of late. And when I've had some spare moments, I've been spending them vegetating on the couch with Chris. Sigh.

Here are some updates:

Christmas/My Birthday/New Year's:
The seventeen celebrations that occurred over a three week period were great, though exhausting. Chris and I got some really nice things, including some sweet kitchen knives, an espresso machine, and a new lens for my camera. And, I'm now officially old. Sigh.

Pneu-MOAN-ia, the Sequel:
So, remember this? Yeah, the same thing happened to Chris again this year. He had a small cough for a long time that eventually turned into a horrible, bad, scary cough. That, on top of the whole snoring thing has made the past few weeks absolutely, bone-crushingly exhausting. I mean, like, super-dee-dooperly tiring. So, for awhile there, I kept waking up in the middle of the night several times (either due to snoring or coughing or both), which usually ended in me going to sleep on the single mattress we have in our music room/office. Or, Chris would sleep there. The couple times I slept in there, though, this stupid bird that lives in our wall woke me up.

Backstory: So, awhile ago now, a woodpecker pecked a hole in the side of our house (Chris heard it doing this in the middle of the day and tried to shoot it with a paintball from a slingshot, but that didn't deter this little effer). Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I guess he's (or she's?) still in there, because every time I stayed in the music room, I heard a very loud pecking sound followed by chirping, coming from the wall. Oh, how I hate that stupid Wall-Bird. In fact, after suffering from sleep deprivation and the frustration of having my significant other sick and not being able to do anything about it, I sort of focused my frustration on the Wall-Bird.

I had a dream that the wall bird got into the house, and was, in fact, like 3 feet tall and all multicolored (like a cartoon Wall-Bird or something). I chased it around and around and around, but it was faster than I, and, by the end of the dream, it had morphed into this weird Rabbit-Wall-Bird. Oh, how I wanted to kill that stupid Rabbit-Wall-Bird-Demon.

Anyways, Chris finally got to the doctor and is doing MUCH better! Phew. He's also snoring less now that his cough is fading.

But, the Wall-Bird still lurks about in the walls, waiting for some unsuspecting tired person to attempt to rest in the music room/office, like a Boogie Man in the night! Peck. Peck Peck. PECK. PECKPECKPECKPECK *chirp*

ARGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHH!

    1 comment:

    1. Pecker! Glad to hear the man is on the mend :) Sounds like *vegetating* is best for now until you're all rested up. Enough to go after the damn bird anyway!

      ReplyDelete

    Talk to Me!