Sunday, November 13, 2011

A November Stroll

I have been wanting to go on a hike with my camera for over three months now, I think. Our summer weekends got eaten up by gigs, travel, bad weather, and then, when our sailboat was finally ready for the sea, with sailing. And maybe it was good we didn't go when it was hot and humid (Virginia can be unrelenting weather-wise in the summer). So, yesterday, Chris and I went on a 3.5 mile hike around a local reservoir (we had done this hike only once before, right when we moved to town), and the leaves were gorgeous, and the weather was perfect. So I snapped about a hundred pictures. Here are some of the better ones:

Sign at the trailhead.

The trail.

Pretty tree!

Fuschia leaf.

My sister, who is a much better photographer than me, told me that good photos feature interesting angles. I thought this fallen tree might fit that criteria...

Winter is coming...

And now, a series of pictures of Chris balancing on things...




Blanket of color.

The reservoir.

We came upon a series of trees that seemed to have lost their lives to beavers. What a way to go...

Staircase.

The trail takes you across the dam... here's the resevoir from the dam.

The sun was obviously in our faces... this is the same picture we took on this same hike like three years ago!

A picture Chris took of me... no making fun of the backwards baseball cap please! I wore it that way so I could snap pictures easily.

Oh no, which way?

The old dam house, which is now falling to pieces.

An abandoned farmhouse at the end of the trail.

I really liked this tree.

I hope you all had lovely weekends and got to enjoy the weather!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the flattery :-P love that pic of you! even with the backward baseball cap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never dis the cap! Lovely photos Ryan.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!