Friday, November 11, 2011

Honesty is the Best Policy

I mentioned a little while back that Chris and I met a friend of ours in Fredericksburg at the Capital Ale House for a drink (or three) and lunch. Well, we had a really nice bartender who helped us find drinks that we would like off the gigantic menu, and who was just plain pleasant. He told us all about their upcoming Oktoberfest extravaganza and also walked us through the food menu.

Anyways, around the time were all finishing the last round, another bartender asked us if we needed anything. We told him that we'd just like the checks, please, split up individually. He went over to the computer screen and ran the bills and brought them back to us. Well, we all noticed that none of our last beers were on the checks, so we brought this to the bartenders' attention. The guy who had initially been helping said he hadn't put the drink orders into the computer yet, and thanked us for our honesty.

Then, he gave us presents:





See? Honesty is the best policy! If not in principle then, by god, for the free loot!

2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing. Man, I can't wait to drink beer again.

    Also, I am envious of your curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks grammargeek! :) My hair is generally a mess, but I appreciate it. And, after what you've been through, I'd say you deserve a very large beer.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!