Monday, May 21, 2012

I See London, I See France...

So, this past weekend, Chris and I drove up to Pennsylvania to see his little sister graduate from college (good lord we're old!). :)

We had a whirlwind weekend full of graduation-type activities and celebrations. I was a little stressed because of the long drives, etc, but mostly it was a great weekend. And it's always a pleasure to spend time with Chris's family; we definitely don't get to see them enough.

I packed a new skirt to wear Saturday and then one of my favorite sun dresses to wear on Sunday. It has a "keyhole" in the front in the shape of a triangle. One of my good friends once told me that it looked like I got stabbed with a Toblerone. So, Chris and I call it The Toblerone Dress. Anyways, that's besides the point.
TOBLERONE Milk 14.1oz
Toblerone (www.toblerone.com).

The Toblerone Dress. Picture by Laura Smith.

Right as Chris and I were getting ready to leave on Sunday afternoon, his family asked if I would take a picture of them for their Christmas card. Naturally, I said "of course!" Unfortunately, I had on The Toblerone Dress that day, and it was quite windy.

So, as I had my hands up holding the camera, a lovely breeze kissed our cheeks, and then blew up my dress, revealing my bright red underwear with white polka dots to my entire family of future in-laws. I literally died on the spot. Like, really- I'm not actually alive anymore. But, my dead self had to suck it up, laugh at myself, and then keep on snapping photos. Oy. It was seriously a moment out of some kind of sick, twisted movie a la Meet the Parents. Chris was all, "at least you had on underwear..." and I was all "I can't actually answer you because I'm dead."

Have you ever embarrassed yourself in front of your in-laws or SO's family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me!