Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Beginning to Look at Lot Like... Well, You Know

We finally got around to putting up the tree, which isn't seeming to lean as much this year as it did last year. So, I'm rescinding the name "Leaning Tower of Tree-sa" in favor of "The SymmeTree." For some reason, Chris decided that the colors of the ornaments on the tree had to be symmetrical. I just sorta threw stuff up there, but Chris was quite meticulous. Anyways, so we spent a good amount of time getting the tree set up and decorating it.

So, first, we got out the snacks:

Hers for her. His for Him.

Then we put on the tunes:



Then, we got out the SymmeTree and the ornaments:



Then, we started decorating. This is my favorite ornament:

This belonged to my mom's family.
This is Chris's favorite:


Because, well, he likes boats.
 These are Coltrane's favorites:

Da Buns!
Here's the SymmeTree looking lovely and symmetrical:


And then Coltrane got really interested in the tree and especially the tree skirt:





And then, Chris started playing with tin foil and scissors, and I was like "what are you doing?" and he was like "making an angel for the top of the tree." And I was, like, quite skeptical.



Turns out I was skeptical for a reason. Chris made a creepy tin angel (and most likely flunked Kindergarden Art... ok fine, I'm being mean):


Here's the whole she-bang (including a Christmas Bun in the corner).

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me!