Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lawn Games, Shopping, and Beers- Oh My!

Well, I don't know about you folks, but my three-day weekend was jam-packed! And it flew by... sigh.

Friday night, Chris took me on a date. We got pizza and then went to a concert, as Chris won tickets (second time this summer!). The headliner was The Hold Steady, and boy, did they suck. I know I'm a music snob and all, but I'm talkin' for serious here, people- the band was AWFUL. We walked out after three songs. And three beers...

Saturday, we drove up to my dad's house for a lawn games party, which was a lot of fun. I don't know if you all remember my post on the game Kubb, but, I finally got to play again! The first game I played, I came back from behind and beat Chris. Cuz I'm awesome. Then, I played a game of horseshoes with my dad. I lost, but, I got a ringer! THEN, we played a game of bocce on the gigantic bocce court that my dad built for the party. It was pretty amazing. Then we played a game of Corn Hole. I can't say "corn hole" without flinching...

We got back late from the lawn games party and then collapsed into bed.

On Sunday, my mom and her partner came to town. They took Chris and I out to lunch at an AMAZING(!) Mediterranean restaurant, and we had a nice, long, leisurely lunch. Then, we dropped Chris off at the house so we could go shopping! I got a really nice dress from J. Crew (new favorite store!), which I'm quite excited about. My mom also brought down some goodies from the grocery store (woo!).

That night, Chris cooked the flank steak my mom brought, and we threw some leeks on the grill as well. It was probably the best steak Chris has ever made.

Monday, we got up and drove to Fredericksburg. One of Chris's friends was there for the day, so we decided (on a whim... how spontaneous of us!) to drive there for the day. We walked around the historical part of town and then went to a place called the Capital Ale House. This place has 300 beers, 60 of which are on tap. AND, their bar has this big strip of ice that you can place your beer on between gulps so that it stays cold- pretty cool. Needless to say, I drank a few.

THEN (yes, there's a "then!"), Chris and I went to a concert at a local venue. This time, the show was unbelievably good. Everyone should check out Gary Clark, Jr. He's like Smokey Robinson, Jimi Hendrix, and Chuck Berry all rolled into one. We had so much fun, despite the exhausting weekend.

After that, I collapsed (again) into bed and then got up to go to work in what seemed like the blink of eye.

Oh my!

How were your Labor Day weekends?

1 comment:

  1. Partied all weekend with out-of-town Cousins. Yes, they can drink....which means we are related :) Went to Niagara Falls one day and a few other excursions but mostly just sat and laughed in the backyard!! Good stuff, no concerts though :( Must get to Buffalo, NY soonish to see some gigs.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me!